I've made it two years. I am a survivor of two years already. Yesterday was the two year from my surgery and I had an appointment with my oncologist. I had blood drawn earlier in the week and I went Friday for her to read them and chat. They sent me my results in three batches throughout the week-but I deleted them all. I knew nothing good would come from me knowing they weren't good and not seeing her until Friday. So I didn't look. A few people thought I was crazy, but it actually helped me get through the week. Why ruin a week-potentially.
My tests came back normal, all of them. Granted I didn't have a scan-but there is no reason to have one. I'm still at the leveled playing field as any other healthy person. Sure, I've got some battle wounds but I have plans for those.
I'm so relieved and happy. I feel like things may work out for me. They say if you make it two years it increases your longevity ( I hate "survival rate"). Next milestone is five years. So three to go!
Next steps: surgery on April 16 to fix up top and sometime soon I get my port removed! Yeah!
So happy! I know everyone's thoughts and prayers have helped me. I know it. Thank you and big hugs!
I'll work on posting a picture soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment