Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Clean, Home & Safe

It's been a long few days. My little camping trip and Marley's two night try camp was pretty hairy last night. Dane and I never really felt or knew the extent of the storm once we were hunkered down in the cabin. I knew it stormed, but I had no idea of the damage it had done. I did notice that the ceiling fans were out, the whole park had lost power. Busted trees and flattened corn crops.

After breakfast and cards, we tried some fishing but everywhere we went was ridiculously high or rapids. The beautiful Rock Creek was flowing like chocolate milk, it was up several feet from the day before. The Kankakee River had full trees floating down it like the Mightly Mississippi. No fish caught today.

At three we went to get Marley. As we pulled in we saw downed trees and realized that they still were powerless. She was happy to see me, but not running like she had a a terrible time, thank goodness. I guess they got hit even harder. The sirens went off, we didn't hear them. They had to take shelter in the bathrooms. I'm sure that scared the crap out of them.  Then after that storm passed the second line came through and all the girls slept on the floor together. Needless to say Marely is exhausted. They were all safe and that is what matters most. It does stink that her first camp experience had to have a major storm involved. She told me that she was really worried about me and Dane in our tent. She knew we would got in the car if it was bad but she was concerned. That's my good girl. 

So everyone is showered and home. I plan to go to bed very soon as I've had little sleep these past two nights. Crazy, because I slept well last week in Door County. See how much the weather makes or breaks a camping trip? 

Body is a little sore, but to no fault of anything except camping. Still enjoying feeling great!

No comments:

Post a Comment