Tuesday, August 19, 2014

What a Difference a Year Makes

Tomorrow I start a new school year with a fresh batch of kiddos! Last year I was so nervous about going back because I barely had any hair and was in the middle of treatment. Somehow I made it through. I finished chemo, radiation and surgery all while teaching full time. I'm pretty sure I have no idea how I did that. This year is much better. I have a full head of hair, and am done with all the hard stuff. I worry about every ache and pain and I just hope and pray to all entities who will listen, that all I endured worked. I am working hard at moving on.

I feel pretty good. I do whatever I want. I have some sore muscles across the left side and back. It's all connected so I can feel it when I stretch. I also think working in the camper last weekend made me sore. I always forget what I did prior to the aches. I believe I'm good to go and am living my life in that manner. I wish I didn't have so many daily reminders, pill, horrible scars, short hair, extra pounds (which are slowly coming off), stiffness and overall feeling of being damaged goods. Maybe I've completed the hard physical stuff-now to conquer acceptance of the me that I am.  It's all way better than the alternative! I'm happy to be here! Very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment