I went to see my plastic surgeon today to discuss the upcoming surgery scheduled for March 2nd. After discussing the procedure and recovery, we decided to postpone it to April. Even though I've waited six months for this day to come, if I go through with it in March I will have limited physical activity for spring break...and if you know me, things that ruin trips are very, very bad. Doc said he would move around his schedule and get me in asap in April. So we have a win win situation. What's another month?
We went through the procedure and I had to tell him to stop using the term, "fat harvesting" while making a sawing gesture. I said it was a term definitely coined by a man and completely nasty. We had a good laugh. I also wanted to laugh when he said he could harvest my flanks. I am just another piece of meat! Ha.
It all sounds pretty nasty, but I trust him. He was impressed that I had done some research ahead of time so I could discuss it with him.
So for now I wait for the date. I'll continue PT, and on the 20th of March I see my oncologist for labs. Pretty sure I'll be completely freaked out by then. In a few weeks I will have reached my two year mark. They say if you make it two years you have a better chance of survival. If you make it five you're practically golden.
I need to get through these next blood tests and continue on the path to healing.
I hope I dont go too crazy in the meantime.
No comments:
Post a Comment