Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Another fun filled day at the office...

My new office is the medical facility. Ew. Everyone in there is old and sickly, there has to be something wrong.. I am way too normal to be in and out of these old, sick people tests.  Ick.

Even worse, I started out the day with friends finding out my situation through a grapevine.  Not cool.  I wanted nobody to find out other than by me. I only send this blog link to my family and friends last night.  How on earth did people at other schools know... after some questions that answer was answered.  Not happy.  Mistakes happen, I am not a believer of frying every fish that lands in my pan.  I am saving the fight for bigger things.  It just really hurt my feelings and was not discretionary.  My kids don't even know and that would be BAD if somehow, in this face paced world of gossip, they found out through a friend.  How awful would that be.  Someone, knows someone else somewhere.... six degrees of separation... it is true.

Enough said.

Injected with radioactive goo at 9, fun... then appointment with radiologist. Nice, smart lady who brings her therapy dog with her to work each day, how cool is that. Can you imagine Bosco at a doctor's office? He would be tangled up in tubes and knocking those old sickly people down.  We hope we don't have to work together..that means no radiation.  She's nice, but if I don't have to see her again I won't cry.

Then back to cardiology for a bone scan.  Another lay there and don't move.  I am good at playing a stiff lately.  At least I kept my clothes on, it is so damn cold everywhere.  I am telling you that I am more worried about being freezing in the hospital than anything else, well almost.  I understand the cold, but I swear I have been chilled since last Monday.

I know people are going to ask and are asking about second opinions and telling me where to go.  I like my surgeon.  She is a very smart doctor who only does breasts. She left Loyola because she didn't like the idea of some patients on clinicals were being denied real treatment.  She left because she could save people one at a time, not to test.  I admire that.  I like everyone I have met. I have looked at their credentials and reports.  The only thing really to second guess would be follow up treatment and I am not there yet.  Then I may look at options.  I have been pleasantly impressed with the care I have been given.

As the afternoon progresses, I have to go to my primary now, which seems so juvenile, to get a physical.  My goodness, everyone has taken blood pressure, done exam, etc.  How much more?  This is to "clear" me for "take off", ha!  Get it....like the airplane..but boobs.. Ha! I made a funny.

Tomorrow I plan to get my haircut.  I am going for a shorter wedge, so I am not stuck with knots and tangles in the hospital.  I may be in there 3-5 days, that's a long hair nightmare.  Then it will ease the kids into me having shorter and shorter hair.... ew..still can't deal with that.

Then off to Naperville for some boob shopping.  I would have to say the only nice thing about all this crap is having lunch with Brad and having a beer in the middle of the day.   I asked the cardiologist radioactive lady if I could have one, with all this goop inside me, and she told me, "bottoms up."

4 comments:

  1. I'll be the first to publically say, "A beer in the middle of the day with your husband is a GREAT thing!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing you last night reminded me what a fighter you've always been... You are a gift that has a lot more to give, and I expect no less... Remember to breathe and know we're cheering you along from the sidelines... (AND, your new cut is HOT!)

      Delete
  2. I love that, bottoms up. Good for her & you. Thanks for keeping this & us posted. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to seeing your new haircut - that could be fun...

    ReplyDelete