Friday, March 22, 2013

Going Home

They are kicking me out.  I can walk around, eat and live without my IV button of narcotics so they say I can leave. I don't really want to leave. If I am here, I am protected from life. I am afraid to go home and  start acting "normal".  If I stay I am protected from myself....BUT they said that if I met the criteria, the insurance company could charge me for the stay and meds and it could cost me a fortune.  Looks like I am going home.

Debby and Kristin and I had lunch in the atrium and Brad will be on his way shortly. I have to go over some papers and Brad gets a lesson on draining my tubes.  He will most likely pass out, if so  I promise to take a picture of him on the ground. :)

The doc came in to change my bandage, I didn't look. She said it looked beautiful and left me extra skin to make reconstruction easier. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  She was looking at her own handiwork though.  I told her I couldn't look, and she said that it is okay, and if couldn't wrap up I could go to the office and her nurses would do it.   I think I will have to deal with it at some point.

Kristin and Debby washed my hair in the sink, after an epic fail of this "no water hair cap" Deb and I tried earlier.

I am still very uncomfortable, and will be for 1-2 weeks.  I hope I heal fast so I can just move like a normal person. In my gown, with my greasy hair and sore gait, I looked just like a walker in the Walking Dead.....

Hanging out with the chicas until Brad gets here and then I can go.  I am afraid to go home. I am afraid of a lot of things lately, damn.  




2 comments:

  1. Lots of people here to love and support you, wash your hair, pour your wine, paint your toes and get you to the next step! xx Varga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlfriends are the best! What would we do without each other? For years you've been the motivator, the entertainer, the crafter, the gardener, the do-er... it about time that some of that comes back at you. Take it easy chica & don't don't don't give in to temptation to 'just do it yourself' now that you're going home. Send the kids down whenever they r too much!!

    ReplyDelete