Sunday, April 27, 2014

Old Chicago

Remember that place? Old Chicago? It had an indoor amusement park? I have no idea where it was, but I remember the roller coaster. It was pretty cool.  Busy weeknd. Lots to think about.  I'm okay with the decision of not going to be able to go any larger, it is what it has to be and I can deal with it. Whatever. Not going to dwell on it anymore. I'm more anxious to call the office tomorrow and get a date in the books. 

Yesterday afternoon we divided and conquered ball games. Boys lost, girl wins. Marley has scored runs in both games that she's had so far. Not bad. It was freezing out, so my friend and I huddled in the back of my car which I backed in right by the fence. It was perfect. Started a trend of cars...like we were tailgating. Later, we went to the city for dinner to celebrate a 40th birthday. We went to the very crowded, very loud and very tasty-90 Miles West Cuban Cafe. It's worth checking out. Late night home, and Marley was still up. She crashed as soon as I got her upstairs.

Today was planned to be a fun, family outing for Danes upcoming birthday. I had purchased tickets to C2E2, which is in essence-Chicago's Comic-Con.  Of course, the boys have a game. Really? Argh. I wanted them to not go, but Brad is a die hard devoted coach-so he blew us off instead. I called my brother up to see if he and my 12 year old niece would want to go, and they did. So back down to Chicago! 

Talk about a crazy day! It was great people watching for sure! Costumed people, artists, writers, science fiction stars. Stan Lee was there, didn't see him because I don't pay to meet people-sorry. There was a whole area dedicated to tattoo art and people getting inked. It was like Halloween, art, technology and more. We logged over 3 miles of walking. Phew! I'm beat!  Mars fell asleep on the way home. 

I hope I can see the GI soon, I need to take care of this weirdness. Everything else is falling in place...let's get this body back in working order! I've got people to see, places to go and things to do!!!

******Please all send prayers and positive energy to a close friend who is having surgery tomorrow. We all need the extra help to get us through the tough times.

No comments:

Post a Comment