Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pre-Op

I met with the plastic surgeon this afternoon to go over Tuesday's surgery. He went over the procedure, what I'm supposed to do to prepare and what I can and can't expect from the whole thing. He spent a lot of time with me explaining it all and I feel very comfortable in his hands. I believe and trust his judgement and expertise. He's done hundreds of these before. He made sure he wasn't minimizing my care, but wanted me to know he was comfortable doing this.

Over all he goes in and makes a cut underside of the expanders.  He pushes them out and then opens that area up like a clamshell.  Then he uses sizing implants to see which one "fits like a glove". He is ordering four different sizes to try.  We are hoping to be able to get at least the same as now or a little more. He is using silicone implants, the newest ones on the market.  Should be interesting.

Looking for relief mainly.

He went over all the things that could happen but most likely won't. The implant could go rogue and we would have to fix that!  I will have to get an MRI every three years to look for tears.  Okay, not a big deal.

As long as I am not too nauseated and am coherent after surgery, I'm to go home soon after.  2-3 weeks of laying low. I asked what that means in regards to working on my camper. He said I should pick put cushions and stain things-no sanding or anything more. Poop!

Oh well, I'll work my tail off this weekend. Then small things. It's coming to an end. Get me some boobs, drop some poundage...and figure out how to deal with my whacky curly hair helmet!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment