Wednesday, March 27, 2013

DrainsOut...ew,gross!

The drains are out. Thank goodness. That was just a little to up close and sci-fi for me. It really didn't hurt, it felt more creepy than anything else. I asked to see them, I was curious.  They were pretty thick and holy. Kind of the width of speaker wire, and long. They went from below my rib up into my armpit area, and when she pulled them out I could feel them inside sliding out. Totally sci-fi gross... (but in a sick way kinda cool too). After she pulled the first one and carried it over to the counter I could feel blood dripping in a steady stream down my side. Then I started to think like Monty Python and pictured it spurting all over the place in full force.  It made me laugh inside as she bandaged me up. (Yes, I do often think I am demented and sad...but social) (name that movie).  I hurt kind worse now, all super sore under my armpits. I didn't take anything all day.  I did just pop a couple Norco to help me sleep. I am hoping I can roll over a bit on my side and save my back, it is getting kind of stiff.  Since Brad is a night owl, Marley has moved in as my sleeping buddy. She builds a fort every night while I am blogging, she is great company. Brad has to move her each night back to her bed.  She is cozier anyway.  Shhh....don't tell Brad. :)

I was out for a ride dropping Marley off to play with her cousins and the oncologist's office called and said they wanted a CT scan tomorrow before Friday's appointment.  I kind of freaked again assuming that they are speculating that it has spread.  After talking to a few people, I think it is to get a baseline for treatment and the next few years of my life.  So that is on the plate for tomorrow.  I won't be nervous, I have to remember that my blood work, chest xray and bone scan were all good.  I am hanging in there.

Quieter day on the home front. Both kids were out today, I am glad they are keeping busy.  Angie, a family friend stopped by for about an hour and we chatted. She has been a part of my family forever. My mom and her met in grade school and stayed friends forever.  Her and her family gifted us several cleaning services, which is greatly appreciated and over generous.  Family does not have to be blood.  I try each blog to acknowledge people who stop by or bring food, but I want a disclaimer that most nights I am tired and blogging in bed, and would never want to forget anyone.  I am doing my best.

As I get ready to go to bed I have to acknowledge two women I have never met as my new friends.  One is a Tammy and the other Katie.  Somehow I connected with both these women in interesting ways over the past week or so. Both of these amazing women have already done this shitty mess I am in, and have reached out to me even though they don't know me from Adam.  I am hoping I come through this as positive and thoughtful as they are, reaching out to strangers in their time of need.  I hope to continue to have these ladies on my team.

Makes me think. Marley and I watched a Tinkerbell movie tonight and she made me pinky promise to always believe in fairies.  I made her pinky promise to always be my best friend.  Maybe all the people in my life are my "fairies".  In that case, I believe, I believe....

2 comments:

  1. I want to believe in fairies, too". I am happy to have had this time off to spend carting you to so many fun appointments! It will be strange not to take you tomorrow. And even worse when I can't go when school starts again. But I know you will be in competent hands with Kristin and she will keep you level and laughing.

    I was thinking maybe you hurt more with the drains out because you didn't take the pain medication. You don't know quite how much you were hurting before?

    Anyway, having your great kids around to keep you level is cool too. As unlucky as you are right now, you sure are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sounds gross but like it may provide some comfort for you and a chance for some rest. Im wondering about this tammy...i know a tammy who is dealing with simi,ar situation...lives in cortland...know her from the scrap shack...maybe a coincidence? Sleep, if only for a little while!

    ReplyDelete