Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Messing with Donnanne

Well, here we are. Today is the day. She is in good spirits, only because of  the Valium. A little terrified at first, but she is being her usual self. We are trying to keep her mind off stuff and keeping busy. We are in a room waiting for the radiologist to come and stick some needles in her nipples. So if you think you are having a boring day, enjoy it.

She is giggling at all the silly texts that are coming from friends, keep them coming. She has a good sense of humor and is grateful for everyone. She is laughing, which makes me feel better.

Both kids are off to school today, and let's hope they stay there all day. Sister-in-law, Renee, is catching the kids after school and will bring them to the hospital to visit.

We will keep you updated throughout the day.

I am not as charming and funny as Donnanne, but I can share information.
Kristin

7 comments:

  1. Hello - Thinking about you since last night my dear - I watched a silly movie with Chris and then my gears started turning about you and today. Needless to say, I didn't sleep but a few hours and as I was awake with my little one I again, was thinking of you. I am sorry I missed you Monday - I was not feeling well and didn't want to get you ill...I still am on a mission to find a great t-shirt for you!

    I am having a hard time thinking of anything funny right now, but maybe later!

    Love and Hugs,
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Kristin! Thank goodness you could be there all day. Donnanne is in the middle of surgery right now, I know... praying everything is going ok. Hugs to anyone there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donnanne went into surgery at 2:30pm. It is expected to take about four hours, including recovery time. She should be in a room by maybe 6:30 or so.

    She did really well. So strong. A few moments of fear and panic but over all she did great. I think being there was more for me than her. She got through the needle procedure great, didn't even flinch, which amazed the team preforming it. She is pretty upset about waking up with no boobs, but, heck, she going to survive this and that's all that really matters. Easier said than done, I know. But I just want my friend, boobs or no boobs.

    Brad should update this site later tonight, so check back.

    She really appreciates everyone. Please post something so that she can hear from all of you. I know that would really boost her spirits.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been thinking about you all day....just the usual madness at Ferson. 18 subs in the buiding today...meetings, meetings, AVIC,meetings...you get the picture.
    Just wanted you to know I was sending lots of hugs and love your way.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS
    Love the new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. People calling asking if I have any updates so know you have many who are thinking of you. You will get through this cuz that is who you are. Take you time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending hugs and love to all of you and the family. Been thinking about you all day - didn't have my computer til now. I'll see you tomorrow - I hope you like the pictures I sent. :-)

    Tonight is the first day of the rest of your life -- way to make it through. I knew you would and I know you'll kick this fucker.

    See you soon,
    XoXo, Laura

    ReplyDelete