I finally dragged myself out to buy Easter stuff and the doc's office called and said the plastic surgeon is really sick and cannot do the surgery for at least a month. A MONTH! So now here I am in the store crying my way out to the car to figure out my options. The nurse said I can go ahead with the surgery tomorrow and then I would have to wait for reconstruction or I could postpone it for like a month. No, I cannot postpone it for a month and let something grow inside of me! What would I do for a month? No reconstruction? That was one of the only things holding me together. I asked if there was another doctor.
She called me back and said there is another doctor she works with, but out of Mercy, but it wouldn't be tomorrow. She hasn't called me back yet. I said I would go there right now and meet him and do all I needed to do but get me in now. My doc is leaving for vacation also next week, so I have that against me getting this done on my terms.
I was ready, I am ready. Postponing is bad. I have to get this done. Why is this happening to me. This time I am really asking Why. I am besides myself and am waiting for a call to make it right. I think I may puke.
Hold it together tuff mama. You'll get through this & It'll just be a funny story many months from now. For now, we'll 'ugh' with you & send you hugs to get through.
ReplyDeleteHang in there Donnanne! We are here for you. -Lauren
ReplyDeleteBy the way, can't Brad just step in & do the reconstruction? He's good with tools, right?
ReplyDeleteThings don't always go our way, it is how we deal with them that matters. This totally sucks, but the most important thing is that you get healthy first and deal with the reconstruction later. I understand that this is scary having to go through surgery multiple times and prolong the process, but you will get through this. You are the most resilient person I know. Just think, we will have to host another party, next one we will call the"Fill Em Up" party. This is all I think about and I am heartsick for you. You can get through this, no matter how shitty it is. I am there for you. (By the way, I have typed comments no less than fifty times, only to have them disappear when I hit publish. The problem is Safari, you have to use Firefox on a Mac, argh...)
ReplyDeleteDITTO KRISTIN - EVERY WORD OF IT!
ReplyDelete