Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Day2

A rough night was had...I was in a lot of pain and the painkiller I was hooked up to made me sick. Every time I stood up to use the barroom or sit up, or eat an ice chip I threw up. And that hurts when your chest has been messed with the way mine has. All day I've second guessed my decision, but Brad says this too shall pass.. That if I remembered the pain, we wouldn't have Marley...so true.

Deb was here last night after Renee brought my kids with Dianne. Today Krisitn came but two hours later I told her I was going to crash and I had her leave...and I did crash for like 3 hours. See they don't let you sleep here. They come in and do random things. One time the door was latched so it clicked loudly and I thought I was at home and Dane was coming in the room for an emergency. Almost had a heart attack. I have an IV because the port was in the way so they changed over once I was out. I am also hooked up to these leg squeezers. Like blood pressure cuffs. They alternate, prevents clots. Once in the middle if the night I thought it was Marley  cozying up to me, another time I thought it was Bosco. Fun times.

I finally ate some crackers and juice around 10, I quite the hardcore stuff, "Morphines stronger brother", and started feeling better. I walked around a little, two walks. One with the kids tonight. They hung out and ate snacks and watched hgtv. Marley wants me home. Dane saw a full drain and almost lost it! Doc came in and chances the fluff. I barely looked because there's nothing to see. There is nothing there! He filled in the gaping holes and I'm at a level playing field I guess. I'd have to say I'm disappointed but I don't know what I expected. The surgery too almost four hours long because he moved soft tissue to help fill me in. I was such a mess. I'm sure I'm a mess now too, just not ready to look. Can't be worse than the first time I looked after mastectomy. That was rough. 
Doc says possibly tomorrow to go home as long as everything is under control. 

It's boring and the bed is uncomfortable. I'm watching the Olympics but wish I was home... 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sister - hope today's a better day. Your poor body has been through so much hell this year, I really hope this is the last of the worst of it. Hang in there - I'm sure you fam wants you home too. Baby steps - your bod will be back in shape soon enough. For now I hope you can focus on something other than the pain & icks.I'd tell you "hugs" but the thought of it might even be painful. Lots of love...

    ReplyDelete