Tuesday, February 4, 2014

One Week Countdown

Each morning when I get dressed and out on my awfully uncomfortable under garments I count down to February 11th, when that chapter if my life is over. From that point on I will not be wearing homemade, itchy wool falsies. Those heavy ones haven't come out  of the box since radiation. I'm hoping to find them a good home down the road as they are brand new and about 600$.

This week has been super hectic already and were just wrapping up Tuesday! Tomorrow I see my surgeon-haven't seen her since July. She doesn't do much with me anymore, she did her handiwork and it's really a check in before surgery. Should be a quick visit. I hope.

Hospital called today-the same lady who preregistered me almost a year ago did it again today. She remembered me, kind of funny...but sad. I don't want to be a frequent flyer at the hospital!  I have to be there at 9:00am and surgery is scheduled for 10:45 am. That works out well. Brad can stay and then be there when I'm done. Then either he goes back and gets the kids-or someone brings them to the hospital and they can visit me for a bit. Then he can take them for dinner and get to piano at 7:30 pm. They just started this week and they both liked it so it is really important for them to go. Plus, it's a school night and they need to get in bed at a decent time. I don't know if I'll be there 1-2 nights. 

Need to focus on work, that's been so crazy lately. A lot to do, a lot going on... And I need to prepare plans for my absence. I need to draft a letter to let kids and families know that things are okay, but I'll be out for a few days. Wording is difficult. So much to do, so little time.
Such is life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment