Monday, February 24, 2014

Well That Hurt

We went to the doctor this morning, and he wasn't there of course. i'm getting used to his assistant who seems to do a lot of the work because he was always in surgery. It made me nervous because I didn't think she would remove my drains because she wanted to follow protocol. But I was wrong. She made the call, I'm sure she has plenty to base the judgement on. I knew that the one side was going to hurt because it has been hurting since it is been in.  ButI didn't know just exactly what I was in for. She told me to hold my breath and then breathe out when she pulled--- the pain that I felt was so excruciating that I yelped and my eyes instantly welled up with tears. I felt as if somebody was dragging a line of sharp fishhooks through the inside of my body and out through a small hole. On a scale of 1 to 10 for pain and had to been a 15. After catching my breath she did the other side, which thankfully was not painful at all. She told me that on Thursday when I come in for my first pump up, they may need to aspirate any fluids that have accumulated in my chest area from the drain removals. Okay, worth it.

Since the drains have been removed I feel some freedom.  However the pain from the removal of them is pretty intense. I came home and napped on the couch for a few hours until my son came home and we attempted a trip to Target. I knew I would have to drive sooner or later and I wanted to see what I could do.  I did okay but it does hurt to turn.  My goal for going to work is the least amount of turning.   I think I can get there from my house and four turns.  Against some people's better judgment, I am going to attempt to work tomorrow and go back and get into the swing of things.  My brain needs to move on.

The best part of this evening was my shower. It was a well needed respite from the 13 days of feeling pretty darn grungy.  And that's coming from me  a granola girl who would love to camp and do all that and feel fine- but being in your house and not showering  and all medically and stuff is pretty gross.  It was a great hot soapy shower and now I feel clean and refreshed.

I accidentally deleted my first blog which was longer than this and better.  I am using the talk to text feature and have to go back and correct all the mistakes now.  I'm going to try to find clothes that will fit my fat ass for tomorrow and go to bed ASAP because tomorrow is going to be a long and tiring day.

Thanks to everybody's fingers and toes that were crossed!  that's how I got my drains out!  Hugs to all goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment