The highlights of the day came later. First of all it is Dane's 12th birthday! Yeah! He had a good day at school which always helps. We had a decadent birthday dinner: French toast on homemade Challah bread, with peanut butter and caramelized bananas.... I know right! Then ice cream for dessert.
The most fun was with scissors. Scissors are not a toy, but they can be a lot of fun. What would you do as a kid if your mom said cut all my hair all chunky and short....Totally right? Yeah! I couldn't stand the hair in falling out all day and ending in my face and mouth. It was driving me nuts and I wanted to cut it. I offered the cut job to a few friends but they were all busy so I grabbed the best scrap-booking scissors we had and headed to the deck. I showed Marley a pic on the internet and asked her if she could do that, yeah, she is 8! It was funny, because she was like, "yeah, I can totally do that". We just went to town. Chop, chop, chop.... Look at the pics. She had fun, so did I. To be honest, I kind of like it. I like it because it isn't in my face anymore and will be another easier transition. Plus, I am kinda rockin' the old Pat Benatar or Annie Lennox kind of thing... For now.... I think those pics from HS really had an impact-I even found some killer mirrored glasses that I plan to wear.... they rock too...
It's much better to have as much fun with all this change and drama. Crying is not that much fun, and plus it ruins your makeup. I think maybe tomorrow I need to think of 80"s makeup and work on that for a bit...
The most fun was with scissors. Scissors are not a toy, but they can be a lot of fun. What would you do as a kid if your mom said cut all my hair all chunky and short....Totally right? Yeah! I couldn't stand the hair in falling out all day and ending in my face and mouth. It was driving me nuts and I wanted to cut it. I offered the cut job to a few friends but they were all busy so I grabbed the best scrap-booking scissors we had and headed to the deck. I showed Marley a pic on the internet and asked her if she could do that, yeah, she is 8! It was funny, because she was like, "yeah, I can totally do that". We just went to town. Chop, chop, chop.... Look at the pics. She had fun, so did I. To be honest, I kind of like it. I like it because it isn't in my face anymore and will be another easier transition. Plus, I am kinda rockin' the old Pat Benatar or Annie Lennox kind of thing... For now.... I think those pics from HS really had an impact-I even found some killer mirrored glasses that I plan to wear.... they rock too...
It's much better to have as much fun with all this change and drama. Crying is not that much fun, and plus it ruins your makeup. I think maybe tomorrow I need to think of 80"s makeup and work on that for a bit...
No comments:
Post a Comment