Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekend Edition

Yes, I forgot to blog yesterday.... I thought about it and then Marley and I had a sleeping contest on the couch...I should have stayed there because when I did go to bed I couldn't sleep. I need to fall asleep wherever and be left there, like a dog or baby.   Marley asked me if Dad carried me up to bed too... Ha!  That was funny, he'd need a crane!

Well, I am still hanging in there.  I am desperately hoping that my bone marrow is working overtime to make my wbc better.  I have had all three shots, two done by Dr. Brad. I had some bone pain, mainly in my hip/pelvis bones.  It would be sudden and intense and then go away.  Not too bad after today's shot, about the same.  Nothing I can't handle so far.  Remember I am one tough cookie....

Yesterday I was pretty bored. Baseball and kid managing, but I couldn't go anywhere or do much. It was sunny so I hung out on the porch and did a little zentangling.  I had a few visitors, both human and canine.  I stayed outside the whole time to avoid any form of germy contact.  I am on the kids like crazy to wash, wash and wash their hands.  They are complying pretty well.  They don't want mom sick.  Dane was gone all night so it was just the three of us for dinner and chillin'.

Today was a bit overcast, so I could be outside but this morning was chilly. Marley called it North Carolina in the spring weather.  I did a big reorganizing project today and feel that I was pretty productive. I don't feel sick, my dry skin is a little better (coconut oil), my canker sore is gone and my hair is still falling out.. Oh, yeah, that wasn't a good thing... it is coming out more.  Not huge chunks but  several strands at a time.  I can run my fingers through it and yikes, too much.  I wanted to beat the odds with the hair loss, but guess not.  I kind of want it to fall out so it can grow back.  I know that isn't how it works though.  I am looking forward to my future short hairdo's.  Really I am.

I will be on lockdown all week, hopefully feeling good enough to continue projects.  I won't be able to go to yoga, and I don't know if i should cancel my reiki session.  I want to get back to the ACS to see if the gal there can get me some soft sided fillers before I lose my hair.  I think if I don't have that and don't have hair, I may have a few dark, dark days.  I just need one of those two to deal.... I was reading about  how few women go out without prosthesis and how you should do little trips before going out in public, etc.  I have been everywhere without anything.... I guess I am not ashamed of who I am, or don't give a hoot.  I want something so I can have an option of clothing.. I am getting bored of my camis and hoodies.... I would like a few options. Something with a plunging neckline perhaps?  NOT!

Keep your fingers and toes crossed this week for my wbc's to get going, no more side effects and that I can get round 2 of chemo on Friday and not have to push that back at all.  That's what I want for this week.  Not much.  I will be half way done with the big guns...but I have a feeling the fun has only just begun....  Thanks to all my friends and neighbors who lifted my spirits this weekend by just being there and treating me like me, not the chemo chick.  Long live Orangina!  My drink of choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment