The best part of today was the sunshine. Last night going to bed was horrible. I was in tears from the pain as a result of both surgeries and healing at the same time. The boa constrictor across my chest and underarm is tightening and fierce. My bad arm became my good arm, and the whole right side of my neck, shoulder and chest were all tender from the port procedure. I would say it was the most uncomfortable night yet. Think about it, your arms and armpits are all connected to your chest muscles and all of that is involved. No matter how stiff and straight you try to be, you heave when you breathe, and god forbid sneeze. While in the hospital, I had a lot of drugs to mask the pain, home not the same. I slept okay because I took two Norco, totally justified. Woke up and took one more. This day was kind of a slugfest. I pretty much did nothing. Well, actually I had a great conversation with my new friend Katie, who gave me a lot of information and encouraging words for this upcoming chemo process. As much as I hate to think of all the women who are, or have gone through this, it is comforting to have a few people pioneer the way and share their knowledge. I am taking note, because someday I may be that person. I hope not.
Brad set me up on the deck and I read a bit and then took a nap in the sun. Not bothering with hair washing or anything today, I just don't care. I am tired, I am worn out. I did not anticipate feeling like this. I thought it was going to be an in and out thing and no big deal. I am sure it is the combo of healing and new wound. My body is working on overtime. Good body, stay strong. Hoping for a little more relief tomorrow so we can check out and go north for the weekend. I need my nature. Nature=Nurture. Good night. :)
We think about you all of the time. I really appreciate all of the updates. Though I can hardly come up with a comment that does not seem idiotic, I read your blog daily. Many prayers have been, and will continue to be sent. You should see a package from us late this week or early next week. It is a useful reminder to fight your butt off!!! I am sorry that I am not there to help out, but am so glad to hear that so many are there to help.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you need brownies for the pain, just not from Dave.... ; )
ReplyDeleteYou are here, in spirit, and I know you would be here if you didn't move to silly Arizona!!!
ReplyDeleteI am glad and lucky to have you in my corner. Love you guys!
Good thing I didn't call you from Jewel to help me finish my extreme coupon purchases.
ReplyDeleteOkay, we are now hooked on those people...we want to do a "mini" extreme coupon outing...Just to see if we can free stuff.... I also love Oddities...freak show....
ReplyDelete