Friday, April 5, 2013

TGIF

It is 8:45 a.m.

I am starting my blog early because we hope to be on the road when the kiddies get home from school.  This weekend will give us all a break.  I will be relaxed and outside and you can take a break from my disturbing life for a few days.  Do something fun in my honor this weekend for chemo starts, I mean, 5 years of no raising a cocktail...you may as well shave my head....oh wait... !  Bottoms up to me!... then tell me what it was, a Guinness, a Cosmo, a golden margarita, Bogle petite sirah....Mmmm... I can taste them all.....The teacher in me has given you homework...Cheers!

1:18 p.m.  A visit from Heidi, a visit from Angie and help from Renee...a busy morning!  Renee helped me sort all the clean laundry that has taken over the house.  Brad has kept up on washing it all, but not getting it sorted and put away, and the kids are not all that proficient at this task.  I helped, I may have overdone it a bit, but I can't sit there and watch.  We arranged the cleaning service Angie gifted us to come while we are gone, so we will come home to a clean house.  I told them I would do my best to "pick up" before we left, but if there is something they don't do, just leave it.  We can only do so much.

We are packing up for a family weekend.  I am almost at my 48 hour mark to unbandage port and shower.. I have had 3 showers in the last 16 days... I know right, kind of like going to Dead shows...Thanks to Joellen we have some tasty leftovers who kept us fed this week! We love going to the cabin, because we all just take things slower, physically and mentally. It rejuvenates the soul.  I am  not coming back to the site until Monday night when we return-no service anyway.  I thank all of you for being in my corner, sending me your thoughts and prayers and genuinely caring about me and my family. I love you all and will back on Monday.... Don't forget your homework....  Hugs!  Have a GREAT weekend....



2 comments:

  1. Hopefully this will fibd you having nad a great weekend. Oddities is a great show...creepy shit on there. Good thiughts your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys are having a very relaxing time up there. It's beautiful - warm even though breezy. Perfect day to spend snuggled in the cabin. Good for you to make this weekend a priority over real life :) Sorry to hear Thurs was so painful. You certainly didn't show it.

    ReplyDelete