A dull, but restful day. I will take it. Quick trip to the dentist, the ladies there are so nice. I am just another patient, but they treat me like a friend, hugs and all. I need to fill a small cavity tomorrow-so I can hold off on any dental work during chemo. Back to a day with a needle, in my mouth. Blah. The rest of today I read or napped. It was dreary and perfect for doing absolutely nothing. I was tired. Haven't been sleeping well. Kids came home, hung out, read and did more...nothing. Boys are at the archery club and Marley and I hung out and watched a show we discovered called Once Upon a Time, we both like it. Now it is "our" show.
I am sore and stiff, and have been working on moving my left arm more. I am doing more normal activities but seem to get tired easier. Today was the 3 week mark of the surgery. I see why they say it is a 6 week recovery. I am only at the half way mark. I still have every steristrip across my chest. Those things are strong. I wish I was fully healed before taking on the chemo, but not if it would add weeks before I start. I am going into this, reluctantly of course, believing that I am not going to have any side effects, or if I do they will be minimal.... Once again, I could be under false illusion, but I kind of like it there. Gives me strength. I am woman. Let me live in False Illusion Land!
Countdown 1 more day of chemical free Donnanne....
hey-- you will rock this. It'll be like nothing. :-) I'm glad you drank that Allagash up north. It was time. Why wait? What would you be waiting for? You are strong and full of life -- even on your darkest days, remember that. Pull from every part of your self and you will realize how powerful you really are. Sending all kinds of strength, encouragement and support your way. Let me know how it goes...xoxo
ReplyDeleteThank you for believing in me.
ReplyDelete