Spent another day working on Marley's room. Made massive progress. We only have one small basket left to go through. If you are a parent you know that your kids hoard crap. Small crap. They put this small stuff in every little box or basket and it is all mixed up. There are hair bands with markers and old valentines. It is just a disaster. However, I remember saving all that important stuff when I was little. I went through it all today. I went through each basket or box. I went through every single piece of clothing she owns. Nothing went in that room without my permission. It looks great. We had to improvise getting her double mattress on the queen frame, but we made it happen until we get her a new mattress. At one point of the day, her and her friend wanted to play in there, but I was working, so they pretended I was the maid....pretend? Either way, this took way longer than I thought. Probably because I did it on chemo and had to take long breaks. It looks awesome and I feel that I accomplished something. Otherwise, I feel like a lazy butt. She is getting ready for bed now as I blog and she is super excited to sleep in her new room. Makes me happy.
As for me. I go tomorrow for blood work. I never made it to Osco for my girly issue, and now I have another uncomfortable issue that I would rather not explain in detail. Let's just say, another insult. Think old people or pregnant ladies....got it? I know this can happen, but seriously? C'mon. Give me a break. All the little annoyances start to take a toll. I may not be down and out on the couch this week, but being uncomfortable all day is trying. I will talk to the nurses tomorrow and find out what I can do about this latest issue. Argh. I have no dignity left.
One week from tomorrow is my last AC. There will be a countdown. I will probably celebrate when it is over too. I need my milestones met with little kudos to me.... Fingers crossed for good blood counts tomorrow! I guess finishing that is an accomplishment too. A few weeks left to go! I can make it!
No comments:
Post a Comment