What happened to my 75 degree days, I love those. You can keep this almost 90 junk...I sound like an old lady, but I can't take the heat or sun this summer...so I don't want it hot...make it go away!
Today was a pretty busy day and I am tired. The sleeping drug isn't doing much so I am hoping tonight the combo of heat, tiredness and the drug will get me a few needed hours. I would get a lot more done and have more energy if I was getting proper sleep.
Kids had their last day at their nature camp, they really enjoyed it. Nobody said it was stupid or boring, they had a ton of fun. That makes me very happy. Marley is at a sleepover so her day never ended. :) I am going to have a super tired little squirt tomorrow! Good thing tomorrow is low key, getting Dane ready for his first week of sleep away camp. Saturday morning we have baseball and softball and the days fly by.
I had a hair/hat revelation today. I took this silk scarf that I bought at a resale shop and did the pirate thing, with a loose bow in the back, and a cap with no opening in the back. It was light, and looked really good- for me. I felt more confident in it, with the closed back and a little something covering the back of my neck. Much less identifying than the bandanna (with two n's). Now I need more of these scarves and hats! I have one black and one light tan one that I have had for years. The scarves are so light it makes my head happier. If my head is happier and I have more confidence, all is good in the world of no hair.... I took a picture in my car waiting for the kids, can't quite see it but it is the first one I am posting without a wig.... so there you go!
Brad and I went to a movie. Our first night out since this journey has started. We haven't gone to dinner or anything alone. Only lunches after a doctor's appointment. I know, I have a new boring (temporary) life. We went to see This is the End. Hilarious. Not for everyone though. We really enjoyed it, I laughed and even let out a scream that I thought was embarrassingly loud. It was good to go out, made me feel normal. Plus it is dark in there so I didn't have to worry about how I looked.
Tomorrow is blood work. I am sure it is going to be lower than I want because the Nuelasta hasn't kicked in. I also have to address the terrible problem I cannot kick. I am at the point of not wanting to eat solid food. I may need to only drink liquids for a few days. The pain is unbearable and I shouldn't have to suffer like this.
I will continue to keep a low profile, wash my hands and stay away from germy kids. :) Heck, I am only 1/2 way done with chemotherapy. I have a long road ahead. Good thing I love road trips. Can't get too complacent about it all. I have this mapped out and I am sticking to my route...
No comments:
Post a Comment