When NPR came on this morning I knew it was a late start. I had to be in Aurora for blood work at 9:20, and I wanted to shower and get all gussied up for the day. I am just not a natural beauty anymore...he he.... I threw down a little yogurt and off I went. I now go to blood work alone. I don't need Brad anymore and the kids are home, so I became a big girl and do it alone.... I knew that I was going to be a little low in the wbc, but the Nuelasta shot doesn't kick if for me until about day 10. I should be okay and see a rise, not a fall next Friday. According to the doctor, the Taxol will be easier on my blood, body, nausea and fatigue...Okay, that's a start.
I have 12 more weeks of chemo. I have 3 more months of chemo. I am having a hard time digesting this, as you can tell. Six months straight. I must have done something really bad in a past life. I swear. I am also sorry. However, I am half way done so I need to look on the bright side I guess. Some days it is hard to find a bright side-but I am always looking. Always searching.
After bw I went to one of my favorite resale shops to try to find a few more silk scarves, I found one. One is better than none. I will keep looking. Searching. After that, I picked up the kids and we hit some garage sales in the neighborhood before the storm. The rest of the day was pretty ambitious. Dane and I went through all of his clothes and got rid of anything that was too small. Since the boy has grown like 4 inches in the last year, I pulled a lot out of his room. He also requested a redecoration of his room. Last year Brad made him the coolest, industrial bed made of tube steel and diamond plate. The bed weighs about 1200 lbs. However, he did not want his room repainted at the time. He still remembers that we, me, him and my mom, painted his wavy surfer boy room. He didn't want it to be gone. He loved my mom a lot and has held on to whatever he could from her. But the time has come. He wants a change. He picked out his quilt from PBTeen and I will go from there. I am hoping that since I don't have to remove any wallpaper, only prime and paint, that I can redecorate his room while he is at camp. It may be over ambitious, but I certainly can try. It's a goal. I am used to not reaching my goals right now, but I don't want to give up having them.
The doctor's office called and I have a special prescription for my painful issue. The pharmacy called and said my insurance wouldn't cover it and if I wanted it I would have to pay full price, $25. Yes, make the stuff and give it to me.... And hurry! I pick it up in the morning... what a major pain in the ass....
Went to Karen's for an impromptu outside dinner. Had a small amount of a cranberry apple lambic style beer from New Glarus. Tasty. The best part of the night was just hanging out with our friends and feeling fairly normal. I need to do more socially, but I am still having a hard time accepting myself, I am getting better. Maybe. Maybe not.
Tomorrow we have another full day. I am hoping that three or four nights of taking my Amy drug will start kicking in. If it doesn't I do not want to take any more drugs than needed. I am a toxic garbage dump. :(
Heading to bed. Hoping for a peaceful slumber. Until tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment