Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tuesday 6/18...for the lack of a clever title....

I officially think this round has been a little easier on the stomach.  That means I should be hopefull for the Taxol to be even less offensive to my system.  I have also decided that my hair WILL start growing despite what the doctors say.  I am going to get it growing and I am not going to be sick.  It is not an option....which is a favorite saying of mine when I delve out chores...

My stomach was better, but about the same as yesterday.  Queasy and uneasy but not pukey.  I was pretty stable all day.  I worked a little on some art, visited with my friend Dana, and went to Dane's baseball game.  All of which were pretty easy on the system.

After talking to one friend today, I got sad because everyone is going on a fantastic summer trip and I can't even find a place in Michigan or Wisconsin to go to.  Every summer we take an awesome trip, which I plan and love organizing and it isn't happening.  I know we will go somewhere, but we are locked into chemo and have only a week.  That is with moving one session to a Thursday.  We don't want to drive too far and we don't want it to be too big of  a trip where it is over taxing for me.  I don't know what to do.  I am thinking of Niagara Falls, Minnesota, or anywhere under 8 hours to drive.  We could fly, but I really am stretching the waiting to book airfare. I want to see how the first round goes before I secure any trip, which means it would only be about one month out.  The longer I wait for air, the more expensive it will be.  It depresses me because I love to travel. We both work hard in order to maintain our lifestyle of traveling and new experiences. All the new experiences I have had recently have pretty much sucked. I am ready for new scenery and something to do and look forward to doing.

If you have any suggestions on places in decent driving time, please let me know. I am wiling to entertain all ideas.  We could leave after chemo on a Thursday and then we would have to drive back the following Thursday all day to make it for Friday chemo. Keep it reasonable.  Or if one of you have some fabulous backwoods home in the UP that nobody is using, let me know and I will rent it from you...

I am going to take my new sleeping drug tonight. I hope it helps because we have weird things and noises all night in our hood lately. I need some real rest.

On family note Dane and Brad's baseball team is 11-0!  They are doing a great job.  Earlier today Dane got his head shaved, only to a number 2.  I am posting the pic, he looks thrilled. He is going to camp on Sunday and he really liked it last year, kept him cool.  Then he got a huge splinter that took Brad like 5 times to yank out.. Yikes!  Poor kid, bottom of his heal on his way in the house to get cleats on for the game.  I got to be mommy, I like that.  He is such an independent, big kid, he seems to not need me much anymore.  But I know he does.  He will always be my little boy.  When he was little he would call me, His Girl.   He will always be my little boy and I will always be his girl. Always.

Here's to a good night's sleep, drug induced or whatever.. .I need my Zzzz's.

Happy Moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment