I think I am becoming boring. That somehow seems to be a good thing. I don't have a lot to report on the side effects page, and I am not doing all that much otherwise. I was always worried if I would become boring-didn't think it was possible :). I guess it is good, in a way. I had a pretty decent week, had good blood counts and should have another good week before chemo. I guess it doesn't make for good blogging. But what I want is to chronicle this whole journey, even my good weeks. The good weeks are the most important, I get to goof with my kids and be a normal mom. That is the good stuff. This is why I am doing it, so I can go to games, decorate rooms and make breakfast. This morning Dane and I went to the Farmer's Market and to some garage sales, we spent the whole morning together. We are spending a lot of good mom and son time lately and I love it.
My one issue, the let's never say the word issue, is horrible. If this doesn't take care of itself, I am going to stop eating so I never have to deal with it again. I am mortified and it is very, very painful. But like everything else, I can hide my discomfort and act like everything is hunky dory. It is my duty now. Master of disguise and just put on a happy face and pretend it is all good!
I am behind in so many things. You would think I have all the time in the world. In reality I move at a much slower pace physically and mentally. This is also a very lonely journey that is inexplicable. I looked up Taxol earlier today because I wanted to know about hair growth. I went on a website where it was just questions and answers, and people responded. Most said that they felt much better on it, and their hair started to grow back after a few treatments. The worst part of it is that it causes neuropathy. Always something. I guess, like everything else it is a wait and see game. I really need hair. The days are long and my head is so itchy and uncomfortable. Pretty much all my parts are uncomfortable, not unbearable. How long can a person be annoyed with their own body, I guess as long as it takes. Argh.
Heard from my friend's husband, surgery went well and she is recovering nicely. Good to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment