Today started out pretty quiet for the first day of summer. Dane was at a friends, Marley was just quiet, and Brad had a meeting in the city. A nice calm ease into summer break. Usually I would be whooping it up, feeling great that the year ended and ready to get into summer mode. Not this year. Just another day. I had a few visitors today, that always brightens my day. My yard and dog are the new "dog park". Friends, like Kristin, Jason and Karen bring their dogs over to run circles around Bosco and tire out. Works for all of us. Bosco played with Dexter today. For lunch two of my teammates came by and brought Marley and I lunch. We chatted for a while and it was great seeing them. Work is such a social place, not just a job for me. I make friends and enjoy being around good people. I miss that. Soon enough I will be saying that I am scared to go back.... I betcha, you wait and see.
I think I feel the rise in the hemoglobin now. I have more energy than I have had so far on AC. I feel like the head spinning, coming and going Donnanne I am used to. Kind of good feeling, I feel normal. I worked on building more Ikea furniture today. Damn Swedes. Someday she will have a bed, Dane and I will be doing that tomorrow. I am behind on some things, my days are in all directions. I am crashing at night, hopefully it isn't all narcotically induced, even so.
I think a little more rest and maybe a break during the day is in order for me tomorrow. The last thing I want to do is feel too normal, overdo it and regret it in the end with some sort of punishment like: low counts, transfusion, weird side effect, fatigue, hair growth....oh wait I will take that one...
Tomorrow I have a calendar to look at for myself and my children. I know it sounds selfish, but I haven't done anything for myself in ages. Except treatment and that isn't good for the soul, just the innards. I can't go to a spa, get my nails done, have a wild girls night, can't do a lot. I need to find some low key, feel good things that I can do in order for me to feel I have a "summer" too. If not, I will deal I am not selfish. I will focus on the kids and make sure they are having a blast. That is fun for me to see too. Each day takes me in a new direction...I like road trips. :)
I love crazy pop star from denmark. I also just realized Dane was wearing his rockhounds shirt. Awww... that was so fun last fall when they played together. I doubt Josh'll do fall ball again - hasn't kicked the elbow tendonitis yet. can't wait for kids to be home & to have play time! Good luck with the IKEA furniture... that's always fun. Will look forward to seeing Marley's room when it's done. She's got to be excited. Maybe your self indulgence could be a quick trip to the City/ some shopping/ people watching at a coffeehouse...? let me know if you need a partner for that! :) You're doing good, Ms Marvin... keep it up.
ReplyDeleteI like the city, shopping coffeehouse idea -- count me in!
ReplyDelete