Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy Friday

I slept oddly last night...strange dreams and woke up soaking wet with sweat... no clue what was going on there. Hmm..

Went to blood work this morning, tried to get Mars to go but she had no interest in seeing them access my port for blood.  I tried...some kids may think that would be cool.  I guess I won't have to worry about paying for medical school.  My counts are all really good! My baby wbc went from 1.5 last week which was low, to 5.5 which is normal! I knew the Nuelasta shot was going to work. I think that should be the last of those, although I didn't ask...  My hemoglobin, or red blood cells are in the 11's and still strong.  I am overall in the average range for everything. Yeah body!  Barb was my nurse today. She was the one who gave me the Target pass many weeks ago. She does not like being wrong so we talked about Taxol.  She said that it is much easier, less nausea, fatigue and blood count fluctuation.  She said that some people 30-40% get bone and joint pain.  She also said that some people get a reaction during chemo, but they know how to fix that right away.  I asked the million dollar question about my hair.  She said that if I haven't lost my eyelashes or brows now, most likely I won't.  She also said that hair growth depends, I may start some fuzz.  I showed her my head of fuzz already and my hairy legs and told her I have been growing hair the whole time on AC.  First she called me a "show off" and then said then I may have a chance on Taxol for hair.  Then I told her I was going to grow hair, I am going to will my hair to grow...  Either way, it was one of the better blood draws and no new yucky news at least.

I am getting some relief from the prescription ointment. I am not free and clear, but the major tears have stopped.  I hope this continues to heal and I can put this issue to rest.

Mars went swimming with her cousins today and I busted out on Dane's room.  I had Brad put up the new cool lighting, did the curtains, cleaned out all his bookshelves, made his bed, organized his shelves... We didn't hang the shelves because we want his opinion on where they should go. It looks great. He has no idea and is going to be so surprised!  I am glad I pulled it off!  See picture below.

Tomorrow morning I go get Dane. I am carpooling with two other moms to get the three smelly boys. Fun ride home I predict!  I miss him but am sure he had fun and I can't wait for his reaction to his room.  I am tired so I need to hit the hay really soon, especially because we leave at 7:45 a.m.... not a time I like to be ready by right now...
Happy Weekend to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment