Thursday, August 29, 2013

Almost at 3//4

Tomorrow is number 9/12...or 3/4 the way done with Taxol... The teacher in me makes everyone reduce everything...sorry....  That will leave 3!  I know I sound like a broken record, but I don't care!  I have to live this mess and the only time I think about it lately is when I blog. That is good, because I am staying mentally busy with work.  I lied, it is always on my mind, how could it not be?  Either way I am getting closer to the end of this treatment cycle. I swear it was months, and months ago when I started...oh, it was....

The other day at Dane's game I was talking to another mom who I had just met.  We were making small talk and it came up that I was in chemotherapy.  Her comment after she said that she was sorry, and all that, was " I hope it works."  I almost choked.  "Yeah, me too." was my reply.  I thought that was the weirdest comment to make.  It was socially awkward for sure.   I have to believe all of this is working. I have to. If I didn't believe, there would be no point in going through with it.

I will continue to believe that this is just my speed bump, my mid life crisis.  If I go down those other roads I may as well not even get out of bed in the morning. I have a lot to live for, and I am not nearly done on this planet. No other option. They told me I wasn't going to grow hair on Taxol...and I am proving them wrong.  I told them I would, and I am. I will not be a number or a statistic. I am going to be me. I am going to get old and grey and take up bingo with my friends with saggy boobs.  I will be the perkiest old fart at the casino.  Those hot 80 year old men from the retirement home will be looking my way....

I'll probably not blog this weekend because after chemo I am riding with Debby and the kids up to cabin for the weekend. It is tradition to have a bunch of families up for camping and hanging out. I couldn't drive after chemo, especially in the dark because I couldn't get on the road until at least 5 pm.  I am looking forward to hanging with friends, being social and enjoying nature. I usually do so much planning, activities, games, food for the weekend and...I have done nothing.  I am just happy to be surrounded by people who care and want to hang out with me.

 If this is the last blog until we return, (Deb's notoriously late, so I may slip in a post)  I hope everyone has a relaxing Labor Day weekend. Have fun and be safe. Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment