Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Another Milestone Met

Today I reached another milestone...I wore one of my scarves as a headband today to school-the whole top and back of my head was exposed.... yeah...the time has come.  OMG, it is annoyingly hot to wear a hat all day at work, plus I kind of feel like an idiot.  Mainly because you don't wear hats inside all day, it was weird...So I did it.  I was given the thumbs up by everyone, hugs, and my students told me I was brave, (that is all they said and moved on)...gotta love kids. It was way more comfortable, I hope I don't retreat to hats unless it is sunny or cold out!  I am not sure of tomorrow's headgear, but now I need to start looking for cute headbands that won't make me look like one of those poor overdressed bald babies.  I have seen some wider head bands that were crocheted, with a flower or something-that is what I am going to look for...I will have to go shopping.  Exciting. No really, if I have a purpose, it will be fun, especially if it has to do with having hair.  Clothes, nope. I will wait until the chemo pounds melt away and I can fit in my normal stuff first.  That will be a whole other milestone.

Being exhausted as I was last night I did okay today.  After work today, I rested for about 10 minutes...off my feet.  I have to do that each day or I start to fade.  Couch time for 10-20 minutes...that's all it takes for me to recharge enough to get through the evening (as long as I don't have major things to do). I am still happy with my decision to return to work.  Working with my class gives purpose to my day.  I really enjoy teaching, but when you stop for a bit you forget how much you talk! My throat and voice are sore by the end of the day...never thought I would have talking issues, eh? Lots of  "never thoughts" for me this year.

Tonight we had another game-this time it was Marley's in West Chicago.  Being able to go to the games is important to me, and really very chill activity.  I don't volunteer to help or anything this year, so I just sit and watch. The only problem is that it becomes a late night for dinner and bed.  I am doing much better tonight than last.  I am about ready to turn in.  I am hopeful and optimistic that I can continue to feel good and maintain at least this energy level during the home stretch month of chemo.  I am hoping I have already hit my rock bottom a few weeks ago and can finish on the upswing.  After Friday there will only be three left...I can't believe that...it seems like just yesterday she told me I would be starting this 12 week cycle....Home stretch...Goals: I will keep a positive attitude, listen to my body and rest when needed, try to put some social time back into my life...(especially if I can rock the buzz-or should I call it the ultrapixie?)enjoy my kiddos, go on a date with Brad, finish chemo, and not sweat the small stuff.  Seems reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment