Tomorrow is number 8! That means only 4 left! I can do that! Four seems SO much less than 5 doesn't it? Yes, it does. I am actually getting excited to end the chemo and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have Karen coming this week, and I know Marley is going to be my last chemo buddy on September 20th!
I think the routine of going back to work is good for me, although I hate getting out of bed against my will. This morning it was rainy and dark. School should start late on mornings like that-I may suggest it. I think surrounding yourself with positive people like my friends at work, and the kids is good for the soul. I did have one boy come today with his new buzz cut-what an incredible act of acceptance is that! I wrote him a little note on a heart and told him he was a rock star and slipped it to him at the end of the day. I saw him read it, slap his hand over it, and slip it in his notebook. Love it. We have a bond now, plus a hair growing contest! How cool is that? Going back poses challenges that I will have to deal with and juggle, but I guess that is life. Nobody said life was easy, it is bumpy road...but I am driving a kick ass 4X4 and will plow on through as best as I can...stopping to smell the roses and garage sales of course. :)
Physically I still have the neck muscle spasm, and I can only take the relaxer at night or I would be a drooling mess that couldn't drive anywhere anyway. I am not sure it is getting enough down time to heal, it is annoying because I can feel it from my shoulder to the top of my head, and across my face and neck....and of course it is port side, ew.
Everything else is okay so far. The nails are not brown and nasty, nor falling off. I hope they stay that way. The hair, well...it is growing and turning red. I am more comfortable without a hat now. I ditch the headgear as soon as I get to my car. I think tomorrow I am going to do a bandanna. It is annoying having to cover my head, and I know I don't have to, but I do. Soon it will change. My prediction will be after Labor Day weekend. We will have hung out with a group of friends camping and I will probably only wear a hat to keep the sun away. I am not going to care around them anymore, these are people who love me for who I am, not the length of my hair. After that, when I am comfortable and not a chicken, I will reveal the noggin at school.
Sleep is still an issue, not sure of tonight's plan. Heading up to bed soon. Rest is better than nothing, at least it relaxes my body. TGIF...for tomorrow. Hugs.
No comments:
Post a Comment