Trifecta Fail! The triple header of muscle relaxer, Ativan and hypnotherapy cd was a fail. I will have to say I was relaxed listening to the cd, I think I dozed but woke up and it was over...and only like 10:30 p.m. I will try again with it on a loop. Nobody can say that I don't persevere, that's for sure...I will keep trying until I sleep! Dammit!
Day 2 of work. I felt okay for the most part. We had a meeting in the morning, lunch break (went out) and then final preparations in the room for the rest of the day. I feel like we, my student teacher and I, have a pretty good handle on the next week and a half. We have a good outline of all the back to school things this week and initial lessons for next week. I am not overly stressed about tomorrow, except that I don't know what to wear on my head....I so want to ditch everything! I am sick of my head being covered. I am close, but just a bit chicken still. I also don't want to scare the kids.
I was talking to a few of my colleagues in the hall and we were talking about work, what's been going on and my concern for juggling everything. They were so amazing, they offered to cover my room when I needed to leave and donate sick days to me if I run out. How sweet is that?! I know my faith in humanity isn't for nothing! There are awesome people out there! That really made my day. I am trying not to think of the logistics for the 7 weeks of radiation, because I don't have a schedule or any information at this time. I need to get through each little hurdle before moving to the next. My main focus is getting these last 5 done and breathing for a few weeks. I will cross that scheduling bridge when I get to it. If I try to predict or plan, it will all go to Hell anyway. The biggest irritation about the radiation are the hours of the clinic, 8-4. Those pretty much are my work hours. I will need to be creative and they will need to help me out! Some of us are trying to get some normalcy back in our lives! Geez.
First day of school for the kids-all went well. Marley has 29 kids in her class and she is one of 9 girls. Poor thing. Dane had baseball and Marley softball after school. We divided and conquered. Home, and dinner of leftover homemade pizza for the kids and Raisin Bran for me.
After school tomorrow I have a reiki session scheduled at 5:00. The Living Well center also called and said that I am in the nutrition cooking class at 6:00 p.m.on Wednesdays for the next three weeks (dinner included). Why does everything have to fall on the same day? I want to work with the nutritionist, and I want to go to the reiki for the therapy, but can I do it all after work? I will play it by ear. I will go to the reiki, that isn't strenuous...and according to Brad, staying there and having someone cook for me may be less strenuous than coming home for dinner. He could be right. It will just be a very, very long day.
Going to go read to Marley and then get myself all situated for tomorrow, and then set myself up for another attempt at slumber...with the hypno cd on loop...
Happy Back to School to all the parents who need a break, all the kids who are eager to learn, and to those teachers ready to hit the front lines.... Good Luck... (to me, yikes)
Haven't been here in awhile but LOVE the pic of you fishing!! Am so curious to hear how things went today. How did the kids take everything? How did it go splitting things w/ the student teacher? You're truly amazing, and I hope & pray that you get some sleep... soon...
ReplyDeleteAll good at school. I made it and so did the class...I love having my teacher candidate...new fancy term for student teacher, he is a genuinely good guy. I think we will have fun teaching together and it helps cut down my physical time for things.... See you soon chemo buddy...
ReplyDelete