Number 8-done! With good counts! Yahoo! That leaves only four more...I can do that, yes I can! There is a brighter light at the end of the chemo tunnel. Once we hit September I will be even more stoked because that is the month it ends....I know there is a lot more to do, but just being done with 24 weeks of poisoning sounds so good! Karen was my chemo buddy today and she brought, get this, chocolate fondue from Grahams. Mmmm. We sat and chatted and ate gluttonous goodies and time really flew. Plus, it was the end of the day and the nurse was on top of changing my drips...I got out of there at 5:00. I had to go find Marley at the boy's baseball practice and have been chillin' since. All chemos hit me the day I get them. Many women I have talked to had their nausea or fatigue days after. Mine starts right away. For me, that is good-so I can feel better by Monday for work. I only get really tired on this one. I am hoping that today's tiredness will help me sleep. I don't remember last Friday's chemo sleep.
Work was good today, I really like my class. We had planned our three days well, and have already jumped into math and social studies. I flew solo today and my energy level was fine. I think being back in the classroom is really helping me. I have noticed that the kids are being very conscious of washing their hands if they sneeze or cough. They are really sweet kids. Going back is way better than I anticipated, I feel very welcomed. I did the bandanna today and it was okay. Kids didn't even say a word!
I don't have much ambition to cook anything for dinner. I also ate a bunch of stuff covered in chocolate not that long ago. The boys won't be back for another half hour and Marley is foraging. I am really bad at this mom cooking thing. Cheese sticks and mandarin oranges are a fine meal...right? She's not complaining. :)
Tomorrow the kids each have their first game. I am hoping it isn't too hot out. The nice thing about them being in sports is that I just get to sit and enjoy watching them. It is better to be tired and enjoying your kids games outside than lying around. I usually don't hit the wall until about 2 pm-then I power through....
Blogging early because I am tired. I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets rest!
Hugs!
Fondue at Chemo...
Never would I have imagined that combination!
No comments:
Post a Comment