Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Maybe

Rain, rain go away!!! I am done with the rain! I am done with the dreary skies and muddy dog paws!  I need the sun, even if I cannot go in it. :(  This dreariness is depressing!  I am also having a very difficult time sleeping lately which doesn't help.  This is nothing new, but it seems like I should be able to fall asleep.  Lately it is taking me 3-4 hours, and 3 trips to the bathroom before I can attempt to settle in.  That alone should be exhausting! My mind and body have learned to adapt to little sleep being an insomniac and all, but I know I NEED my sleep so my body can have some down time to work on rebuilding the good stuff that got zapped by chemo. I will bring this up next visit.

Anyway, the cold that started was still there in the morning, runny eyes, stuff head and sore throat.  Great. Mini panic. I emailed my oncologist and asked for advice.   I love that you can email your doctor and they get back to you in record speed.  I had a response in under 10 minutes... Good luck trying to play phone tag otherwise. They said I could take an over the counter drug for managing symptoms.  Well, you know me, I am not going to take any more drugs than needed, so I am toughing it out.  I rested, drank liquids all day and actually, this evening I feel better.  The cold isn't gone, it just isn't as yucky as this morning or as bad as I thought it was going to be. Hallelujah!  I rarely get colds on a regular basis, my body is strong and healthy and fights them fast...17 years in a classroom will do that... I am hoping this old dog will fight the cold and call it a day. As for my face, it isn't itchy today, but I was left with a few pimples I didn't have yesterday.  Loving chemo!

I have to say I feel guilty for leaving the house at all this weekend.  I feel like if I become a shut-in I will avoid all colds and germs.  Did I do this to myself because I went to Target?  Can I be home bound for the next few months?  OMG! Anyone who knows me, knows that is a nightmare in itself!  I guess it hasn't been that bad because I have been healing from surgery or not feeling well.  I guess maybe I can do it, but that would kind of suck too.  I don't know what to do. I am not going anywhere in a mask looking like a SARS person.  I can stay home, right?  That's the only way to avoid the germs!  That is seriously hard to swallow, being the social being that I am.  However, many things that I thought I was are now changed, why not change that too? Maybe I am just depressed today, rain, cold, fear that I exposed myself to sickness. Fear that so much of me has changed or is changing.  I felt so good a few days ago!  Such promising hope!  There is always tomorrow.  Maybe some sun. Maybe no cold.  Maybe some motivation again. Maybe, just maybe I will have a better day.

2 comments:

  1. It IS a dreary day. The sun the past two days has been great. This day brought me down too. Nothing's wrong, but I came home laid down, got up to eat the dinner that had been sitting, made lunch for Val, and am back in bed. Dreary.

    Glad you don't feel worse. The next few days will be better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colds suck. Colds on chemo must suckity suck. Yuck. I feel like you shouldn't be homebound. Can you just tote a big ol' bucket of hand sanitizer with you everywhere you go & stick to fresh air when you can? Next week looks beautiful - 60s & sunny. You're doing a good job taking care of your body. Don't beat yourself up for being overprotective. Hopefully you got some sun today - even though it's still early march cold. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete