Another busy day. I like busy days because it is my normal life. When I sit around I think there is more time to get depressed, and who wants that. However, there are still some days that sitting around is not an option because I am too tired to move or brain dead. I would like to address that I think I have chemo brain. I hope this side effect is temporary also. I cannot think straight or remember what I was about to say. Sometimes, I walk into a room for something and have no idea why. Yeah, I did this before, but now it seems too common. I am telling you chemo and pregnancy are a lot alike, hopefully in the same way that you get a good outcome at the end. The nausea, the cravings, the tiredness, the brain deadness.... all similarities. Weird huh? Somebody should do a scientific comparison of the two and find out why. What chemical imbalances are the same between the hormonal changes in a woman's body during pregnancy and the drugs you take when on chemo? Maybe I will become a doctor and do that. Yeah. Good idea.
I did sleep a bit on my own last night, and will try again tonight. I am ready to flush this body of chemicals, however I cannot fully for a long, long time. We took Dane to camp today a little over an hour away. I sat on a pillow to make the ride more bearable. He had a bit of nervousness but was also really excited. This is his return year so he knows what to expect. His friend was a bit more nervous about being homesick. We have to remember that 12 year olds are still kids, and sometimes they are our little boys. I am confident they will have a blast and not get homesick at all. Too much fun and the week will fly by. Marley gets to be the princess for the week, she has a list of things she wants to do. None of them involve a tiara or dresses.
Like last year. we stopped at Ikea and Gordon Biersch for dinner. Marley made us. See, she loves the Ikea macaroni and cheese and had her whole meal planned. Then she would order the Oreo ice cream pie at the brewery as her dinner. Just like last year. We like tradition, so that is what we did. She does not like being an only child, nobody to blame things on...
Home now and chillin' on the front porch. I am using the ointment from the doctor for another day or so before calling and crying for the next step. This week's over ambitious plan is to do Dane's room. He just needs a paint job and to redecorate. I am not sure I can pull it off in the week, but I will try. I would love to have him come home to a redone room, since Marley wouldn't let me surprise her. It will all depend on how I am feeling, what the princess wants to do and if get any help with a few things I would rather have Brad do.. At least I have a goal and ambition for the week...it's a start. I hope I remember what I plan to do when I go in his room.... :)
I reeeeeaaaaallllly hope your pain in the ass is getting better. Ish. Not fair. Lots of things not fair. Despite that, you're still who you have always been - even when depressed you are still cracking jokes and attempting, at least, to have some fun. You've summitted the mountain of chemo. You're on your way down. And, you do look really cute in the BaNdaNa & hat combo :) Keep it up sista - you've got it in you.
ReplyDeleteNo..there are more n's in it...bandanna... two at the end, stupid eh?
ReplyDeleteThanks for your support the other night...sometimes venting is good....