Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday

I am really off with the days of the week around here. Usually when we come back from vacation it is on a Sunday night, but this time it was Thursday and that has screwed me up. Anyway, being Saturday and all a lot needed to get done.  Dane and I went to my school for a few hours and got all my boxes unpacked, desks moved and old things from last year taken down.  I got a good grip on the physical room today which makes me feel better. I have a meeting on Wednesday and work on the planning with my student teacher for the first few weeks.  I am doing my best to not stress out about going back to work, but there is a lot to overcome on different levels.

The afternoon was spent cleaning and packing for the fishing retreat.  It was also spent hitting the coma wall.  I hate these times of the day.  I am just useless mentally and physically. Pushed through.  Made some food and went to Karen's for dinner, very nice and relaxed. Good food, better company. Now home and busted tired.

Tomorrow I leave for the Reeling for Healing retreat.  14 breast cancer survivors are taken out and taught how to fly fish on the AuSable River in Grayling, MI.  The program is 100% donation based. I paid a 25$ application fee and an 8$ fishing license.  The fishing and river are supposed to be very peaceful and therapeutic, both which I need.  I am going with my friend Katie, who is picking me up from the train station early tomorrow.  We have a 5 hour drive.  I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am hoping it isn't all focused on cancer and more on the love of life and fishing of course.  I guess I will find out. It is two nights at a lodge and I will be back on Tuesday night, not sure I will be able to blog the next two nights, so I will be back on Tuesday if not.   Wish me luck.  I hope the fish are biting.

1 comment: