Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Back to a School

School? Work? What are these things you speak of? That's how it felt today. We haven't had one five day week all if January!  The kids are having a hard time, and frankly so are we! It's hard to plan and get jumbled... But it is out of our control so we have to deal with it. Mother Nature is in charge.

I felt good today actually. I was happy to share the news of yesterday with a few people. I am thrilled we're going to do it the way I had wanted, or at least try really hard. I am nervous about the surgery and being put under...always a chance for something to go wrong.  I never heard my mugga scan results, so I'm assuming I'm fine. I would think I would have been told otherwise... I have to get my oncologist to sign off that I'm good to go, I'll ask her to do that when I go for Friday treatment.

I've been on and off sore and stiff on my bad side. Like I need some good stretching... Like scar tissue is continuing to form. All that will get cut out in less than two weeks, I'm sure I'll be stiff for a long time coming. Yes, he cuts out my scar. He's going to stretch skin from all surrounding areas... I'm sure I'll feel great!! I have wondered if it's the right thing to do, for the risk, although low, for the pain and discomfort (high), am I being vain and selfish? I don't want that. I know I'll be a scarred, uneven mess so how could it be vanity? Should I feel guilty? Women get boob jobs all the time, I'm sure they don't feel guilty and my reason is pretty valid in my eyes. But it's somethig that runs through my head.   I'm a thinker... Not always a good thing....

I am thinking about bed though, as my Zquil kicks in.  Several hardcore meds and I end up with over the counter stuff from a Target. Go figure...there are other factors of course, but who cares if I'm getting some sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment