Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saturday Ride

We're  on the way home from a fun day on the slopes. I am glad this old horse held up. I didn't push myself, I convinced myself that I have nothing to prove. Nothing. To anyone. That's hard. I like to push and play hard, I just couldn't take those risks. I have been riding for 25 years, which makes me so old it's scary! I was there when it was spanking new, so I am a pioneer...but I don't have the stamina or strength of my old self. But when I'm out there I think I'm 25, and feel free. It's a great way to use my imagination and relive my youth...But thank goodness for muscle memory...because I'm not that youngster anymore.

I was hit by one guy and had a small fall, and then I had to bail fairly hard to avoid slamming my board into Marley's face.  I will always take the hit for my kids. Always. Otherwise all was pretty smooth sailing. The best part of the whole day is the escape. I felt normal, I felt like me. I knew my limits but I wasn't at home worrying about the next crap. I chose to not sit this one out. I chose to live real life!

I still have my stupid pains as I ride home in this snowy weather. I feel like one of my pain is spasming. That would indicate some muscular issue....I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow...all over....but that's okay. 

We are expecting 5-10 inches of snow, and then the deep freeze...sounds like a winter mess. If schools are closed, I'll be nursing my achy body...if not, I'll know that these are good pains....

Overall we had a great family day!




No comments:

Post a Comment