Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Years Day

I started my new year by doing one of my favorite things, meeting a friend for coffee. That's a good start to any year, or day. I followed that up with an hour plus Target shopping trip with both kids...always a blast....came home and hit a wall. Not sure if I slept poorly, or need to recover from the past days of draining stress. Who knows. Chilled out a bit and ran more errands. I felt good today.  I still have the pains, but my head is in a better place and I hope that helps. No tamoxifen for two days, can't expect miracles that fast. 

Tonight we made tacos and watched the next installment of Star Wars. Low key. We're really good at low key now. Brad used to get frustrated with me because I always wanted to something all the time, and I could never relax. That has changed. I know how to relax now. I also feel less guilty for sitting around and reading or playing games with the kids. It's all good now. I can relax. Yeah!

Don't know what tomorrow brings but I do know that living lighter in the worry world is a blessing. I took a travel survey today and the last few questions were about my general happiness in life. It was on a five point scale. I rated my happiness at a four. The only thing keeping me from a five, is dealing with all this stuff. But I guess I officially now can stop worrying for nine weeks? Right? I am a survivor! I don't like labels.  I don't need to be called anything but: mom, honey and Donnanne....

G'night

No comments:

Post a Comment