Thursday, January 2, 2014

Break is Almost Over

It's getting to be the end of winter break, and I've pretty much been a bum.  I kind of liked it. Especially coming off all those daily trips to Aurora.  There have been days where I haven't even left home, and I don't feel bad about it.  Today I left for a little shopping and later I took Dane and a friend to the movies.  I also graded papers, made homemade pasta and worked on a puzzle I started yesterday...we finished tonight. 750 pieces. I know.. Dorks. So what.

Tomorrow I have my ultrasound to see if there is an alien baby growing in my womb. If it had to be something, that's what I want it to be. Why? First of all, it would totally freak Dane out...he just loves aliens....Secondly, I'd be rich$$$$$ I could set my family up for life!  I could go on the talk show circuit and sell pictures to tabloids...and the marketing...dolls, t-shirts-and a hefty book offer... Endless possibilities.  Lastly, because it wouldn't be anything bad.  I vote alien.

 I don't know if I'm nervous or anxious anymore or if I have come to peace with knowing that whatever is going on isn't in my control. It also is probably not bad, it can't all be bad...actually, it can, but that would suck....and I am not going to have a sucky year... Been there, done that! Moving on. 

Getting ready to be thrown into a deep freeze here. Tomorrow is supposed to be bad and Monday a high of -9. Doesn't that fall into the oxymoron catagory? Brr.  Bet school gets cancelled. Too many kids walk, buses won't start and kids are exposed at bus stops. Seems like a disaster ready to happen.  Who knows. 

Done for the night. Fingers and toes crossed for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment