Thursday, May 1, 2014

Gleelliptical

I'm officially the parent of a teenager, yikes! We were planning on celebrating with a baseball win, but the game was cancelled. Can't say I was disappointed as it was freezing last night and I kind of wanted to hang as a family for Dane's birthday. So we did.  We went bike shopping for him. He has a few narrowed down.  We also took him to dinner at the Ale House, because it was the closest place that had great reviews for a blt, which is what he wanted for his birthday meal.  He also recieved several bags of 13 items from neighbors, family and friends. Everything from 13 jelly beans to 13 pictures of him over the years.  It was a nice night overall! 

Today I hat PT again. Working on different shoulder and chest openers. I did notice though that I now have a red spot on my scar area. Like my skin is splitting. Kinda freaked out because that would be baaaaadddd. I also don't like the fact I can't feel anything to know if it's getting red due to an infection. I put some antibiotic ointment on it, and will give it a day or two. I may call to see if I could send the doctor a picture instead of driving an hour there for him to say-"let's try some antibiotics" or "it's fine!" Or even, " holy crap batman, we should do the change out today!"  Wishful thinking.  I don't think the PT has anything to do with it. I had a little scab going there awhile ago, but it went away. The skin is tight, maybe it's weak there and needs a break. Not sure what he would do at this point, remove some saline-that's not cool. I'm not crossing that bridge until I get to it.  When is this non stop crap going to end? I'm juggling a pretty busy life here body!  I don't have time for all this nonsense-geez!

No doctors or anything on the books until PT on Tuesday. Let's hope I don't need to hunt down the doctor to talk about this red spot. Fingers crossed a little antibiotic ointment will do the trick. 

Been working out though-elliptical at 43-46 minutes- an episode of a show to get me through... Get this-I'm watching Glee.  People that know me know I hate musicals. However, in my defense, because I still hate musicals-on Glee they don't sing what they're saying-they sing songs. Big difference. Plus, great characters!!! Only on season two. But good distraction for a long workout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment