This afternoon I spent a few hours with a wonderful child who was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. Watching a kid go through this is heart breaking. It sucks enough to experience it first hand but to see someone a quarter of your age lose their hair and have to experience all of this is totally unfair. But, she was positive and looking forward to having fun with her friends this summer . She's a trooper and she is strong. I could relate to a lot of her stuff, and I just wanted to let her know that. And to tell her she's not alone and that whatever she feels is okay. I understand the feeling of loneliness. No matter how many people you have around you, this is a lonely trek. The only people who could ever understand this horrible feeling are others who have had this experience. Lived the fear and live the fear. Nobody should feel this.
I didn't leave depressed. She has a great family and a positive attitude. But I did go home and crack a beer. Life is so unfair. I get that, but yet, I don't.
We went out to grab some tacos, and are home ready for an early night. Tomorrow is a busy day. We start out with Marley's 5k for Girls on the Run. I wish I was her running buddy, but not this year. Next time for sure. I'll be her cheerleader, because she's always mine. Then we have a softball game, a baseball game and a school fundraiser at night! Already tired thinking about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment