Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday May 15th

One, two, skip a few... That seems to be my blogging pattern lately. Today I went for PT, I'm very impressed with my gal. She has a doctorate in PT and other stuff-she checks on my charts so she knows what's going on-I like that she's interested.  She works hands on with me for about 15 minutes-then a trainer. She really worked the area around my sore expander. She said there is definitely more movement there, which will be better for the switch out. I know I have two more sessions scheduled.  I may stop about then and then have the surgery and maybe follow up if needed.

I had to stop at the GI to ask for new prep procedure papers...mysteriously I misplaced them.

Tomorrow I have Herceptin. It's an easy treatment now, especially because it isn't a bloodwork week. Next week is and I will have them draw the genetic test too.  Last night Dane asked me if BC was genetic. I said it could be. I told him that I didn't know if my mom had the gene and that I would be testing to find out about me. I told him if I was positive we would be extra careful for him and Marley. I had to explain that men could get it too.  He said he was more worried for Marley, that he loves her and doesn't want her to ever get it.  I almost cried right there.  I said I wouldn't tell them now anyway, no reason to worry. Plus it doesn't mean they would automatically have the gene, there is always a chance they wouldn't.   More things to worry about.  Too young to worry.

Overall I do feel pretty good.  I'm trying not to think about the super invasive tests next week and focus on the good stuff-like the 5lbs I'll drop from the uber cleanse I will have had.  Looks like I'll be getting a big jump on my diet...there is always a bright side to things...at least most things.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment