Every time I get to say those words to anyone-it means I am here to be celebrating it also. I usually end up somewhat disappointed by my brood's lack of planning and what not...but not this year...I set my expectations so low, that anything would be okay! Sounds sad right? Nah, it is what it is. Anyway, we had a nice day because last night at our elementary school's fundraiser-we won a raffle for 4 Sox tickets for today's game with free parking. Since I knew we didn't have plans, and then I confirmed that with my sweetie...I placed my ticket in the raffle and won us something to do. Go me! It was pretty funny when we won, I had put Brad's name on it and he yelled, "Happy Mother's Day" and points to me...like it was all planned. Ha!
I need to back up a little. Yesterday was the busiest day I have had this year, or even last year that didn't involve any medical crap. (or a close second for last November's race and concert in Madison). We started the day at 6:00 am to get Marley to her Girls on the Run 5K in Warrenville. What a joke. Not the race, but the traffic and how it was a nightmare. We had to get out of the car and walk to find our school. We made it just in time. Not happy with how that went down...but that is besides the point. Anyway, she ran her first race! She had a 7th grade running buddy! She did great and we are so proud of her. Today her legs still feel like jelly! Then we got in the car, went home to change for her softball game. We were home for 30 minutes. Enough time for an egg and toast. Mars and I headed back to Warrenville to her game. If I had planned correctly, we would have had her softball stuff in the car and we could have gone to breakfast....She had her game (finally got coffee at 11:30-thought I wasn't going to make it). It got hot and sunny, and of course we got some color. Game over, in the car to get to Dane's game in Geneva. Still hot and sunny, and starting to fade. Game over, run to store, go home...30 minutes later at 5:45 get picked up to go to the trivia night. Didn't get home from that until 11:30! I was beat! Then today we went to the Sox game and to dinner at Maggiano's. I am tired. I am full and I am ready for bed!
As for the family and Mother's Day...Marley wrote me three poems, Dane made a card, and Brad made me my Mother's Day cake that I totally forgot about and bought me a nice card...but I am glad the day got supplemented with good luck from a raffle.
I hope everyone had a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment