Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Scopes are Done

All went well scope wise. I had both the endoscopy and colonoscopy today.  I really didn't want to do it, but it wasn't as bad as I anticipated.  The prep work wasn't fun, the taste was horrid, but it wasn't like I was in the bathroom all night. It calmed down. I got a couple hours of rest. 

Everyone in this department was very nice also. The nurse who was going to give me an IV was a little shaky-I told her I wanted my port accessd not an IV. She said nobody down there was certified to access it. I suggested they call oncology upstairs and send me one of the nurses. I told her they loved me and would help me out.  The called back and said, "tell Your Highness that someone will be right there."  And then they were. Pays to be a nice person. No way would I opt for an IV, forget it. Plus, she was shaky, and shoppin for a vein... No thanks!

The doc said there really wasn't anything he saw that was of concern. He removed a couple tiny mm polyps, and noticed an ulcerated area in my stomach. He's going to give me meds to clear that up. He took tissue samples and of course sent then out-but he really didn't seem concerned. Said he'd like to see me in 3-5 years for a follow up. So I have to go with his gut until we get final results, but he's the expert. He does this all day. Crappy job. Hehe

I'm tired, drained feeling... Literally and figuratively.  Had some lunch. Need to stay away from raw fruits and veggies and seeds and nuts for at least a week. To help areas from polyp removal heal faster.

Alright. That's donish.  Thank you for the texts checking in on me today. This stuff is tough and I hate it so much!

Next-genetic test-but won't get results until July.  Cross that bridge later. Don't even want to ponder all that.

Sooner-June 20th-switcheroo procedure! Whoo-hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment