I can't explain how happy I am to almost be done with chemo. I know I have a lot more treatment to do, but getting over this hurdle is huge for me. I feel that when it is done I can start really getting back to the old me. I will be regaining my energy and able to do more in terms of exercise and well, just anything. I won't be on the steroid that causes the weight gain, so losing that should be easy. Not like I won't want to shed a few pounds more too. Time to reinvent Donnanne...kind of a blank slate with hair, body, etc....Hmm. I should start doings some research on the "new me".
Chemo was fun, for chemo. I had to go the bathroom so bad when I got there and I was waiting for it and someone was in there a long time. I was all worried it was going to be an old lady who dropped a bomb and I was going to have to smell it, EW! Instead the door flies open and there is my friend Dana and she just yells, "Surprise!" I'm like, "Huh? Where's the old lady? Why are you hiding in the bathroom?" I was totally confused. After I got in and out of there she was waiting for me with flowers and cupcakes. She just came to hang out! So we plugged me in and then got a suite to start the infusion. Then Kristin came...then Debby came...it was a party! We were going to find a disco ball and do some dancing, but I had limited mobility being stuck to the machine and all. Instead we talked and laughed and laughed. It was fun. When the nurse asked us if we needed anything we told her some cold beer would be nice. Then we asked if we could bring in a cooler next week. :) She just laughed at, and with us. Time flew. I had three infusions and I didn't even know Denise (nurse) had started them. Dana stayed most of the time and the other two stayed until the end. We just had fits of laughter over gross stuff. like fecal transplants, yeah, look them up. Yuck! I guess it is true, I can have fun just about anywhere. Never thought it would be at chemo. We were loud. Put me in a room with one friend and I can be a bit loud, three? Now were talking. OH! this is funny, I was yapping with Dana, nonstop when we first got in. Denise was taking my vitals and as soon as I stopped for a breath, she shoved the thermometer in my mouth. That was a successful way to shut me up for a minute! It was pretty funny. Funnier if you saw it. I have the same deal next Friday, same bat time, same bat channel. I am taking Marley as my buddy. I also want to bring some treats for the nurses. I will still be going every three weeks, but the Herceptin isn't as big of a deal. Half hour infusions. I have come so far.
Came home. brushed teeth and got a warmer coat. Grabbed Dane and Panera and went to Marley's game. They won! Maybe she started the winning streak, that would be nice. Home now and getting ready for bed. Two games tomorrow.
Good Laugh below....at my expense of course. Oh, well, that is what I am good for!
Okay, here is one of the stupid pictures I sent Kristin last night. Today she said she ran across this picture of a Russian lady in a Babuska...I think we were separated at birth.
So pretty...like a beautiful Russian flower....

No comments:
Post a Comment