Thursday, September 26, 2013

Crazy Night

OMG is all I have to say! I think someone slipped Marley an espresso this evening!  She has driven me NUTS all night, while we were at Dane's game.  She was a ball of feisty energy, I haven't seen her so jacked up in a long time...kinda jealous of that energy....

The boys made an amazing comeback from 8-1 losing, to winning the game.  It's like they channeled crazy from Marley. It was an exciting last two innings. I am glad I had enough energy to see this game. It was a beautiful night.  Fall is here and that makes me happy. Jeans (if they fit) sweatshirts and fleece, hats (warm cute ones, not because I have to hide my head hats). Time to get the Halloween decorations out.  This weekend is close enough to October 1st- We love Halloween around here.

Tomorrow I have to go get Herceptin.  I don't want to go, I graduated.  It is like making me sit a detention on a weekend.  No thanks. I wanted a week of no infusion, no pokes and blood draws, but no.  I am also meeting with the doctor. I am sure she is going to get me going on the next drug du jour, the Tamoxofin, however you spell it.  I hope there aren't any side effects to it.  Probably insomnia, that would be my luck.  From what I have heard, it doesn't, but I will listen to the warnings.  This is the drug that I will be taking for 5 years, and they are now bumping women to taking it for 10 years, but I have also heard that it may cause uterine cancer.  From one part to the next, who knows what's right.  Maybe take it for five years and in that time they find a cure for all cancers and stuff, right?  Right.

Since the chemo is done and I mark one week, I should start feeling more energy as the next few weeks come.  As the drug wears off, I am hoping to get moving more and getting out socially (besides ball games!!!).  I have been a wall flower too long.  I want to go out and have some fun! My fun may be different now, but I miss laughter and general goofing around. (Don't get me wrong, I laughed as much as I could these last 7 months).  A lot of laughing was at myself. I was my own bad joke.

That's all for tonight, for posts, for the day and for me... looking forward to my fuzzy jammy pants and my pillow.  TGIF, for whatever reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment