A full day of ball, sun and drama.... We started out with a great game by the Sluggers, the girls won their first playoff game! Whoo-hoo...another game on the horizon. I am proud of the progress they have made, but another game....
Then we had a short break at home before Dane's game. I laid on the couch for a bit because I needed to. Although I don't really do anything but sit at Dane's game, it just takes a lot out of me to be outside all day.
Let's talk Dane's game...oh, boy. I will make a long story short, or at least bearable. We were winning. It was a great game, and Dane made a beautiful unassisted double play, really nice. It was the bottom of 7th inning and the other team started to make a comeback. Okay fine, we did that on Thursday-but here's the kicker. The other team was shaking the fence and screaming at our pitcher the entire time. They were taunting him and screaming and it was so obnoxious. All of our parents were getting really irritated. Our pitcher was clearly shaken, he mustered through and still did okay. However, they got us. They made their comeback and won. Their coaches allowed this behavior. A coach that was on first base walked by at one point and I let him have it. I have not yelled at another adult like I yelled at this guy in a long time or ever. Unless of course you count Brad. :) I told him that his team's behavior was unacceptable and how could he let them scream like that, how could he teach them that it was the right thing to do? I kept going on and on and was just letting him have it about being a responsible coach and teaching kids.... His response was that he was only the third coach and had no say in what goes on. Bullshit! His kid was on that team and he should have been embarrassed. In fact, both those coaches and all the parents of the kids that were so obnoxious and rude should be embarrassed. Who cares about the win, it was the poor lesson they taught them, and they should be ashamed. I was livid. The parents were livid. The team was so sad about the way it went down. Unbelievable. A fair loss and a good game is fine and exciting. This was just ugly.
Funny thing is I have been so quiet for so long, this pushed me far enough to get involved. Coaches like that and parents like that breed future assholes. It is a shame. The umpire made a big mistake when we asked about the taunting, he said it was okay in baseball just not softball. He was wrong and let it go. All the rules clearly say that what they did was wrong. I think our team learned the bigger lesson, what NOT to do, or how to act. Either way, drama, sadness...and an end to a season. Oh, and I believe it or not, I was articulate when I yelled at that guy! Quite shocking for me with chemo brain and word retrieval problems....go me.
Other than ball games, we didn't do much. Walked Dane to Karen's for Josh's birthday party and kind of forgot to eat dinner. In fact, kind of forgot to eat lunch too. Not too hungry either and it's late. I must have enough fat on this old body to start eating itself. Ooooh, fat eating flesh...sounds Halloweeny.
Hoping for some rest. I have one week off of any form of doctor, or treatment. October 7th is the next day I have to go back to my home away from home. I am going to enjoy this week off...hoping the energy level and chemo seeps out soon...I want to get back to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment