Curriculum Night over and done. I really don't mind doing them, I like the parents. My problem this year was that I didn't want to leave my house once I got home, but I did. It all went well and I am glad it is over. I didn't wear anything on my head, I am standing tough on the hair, it is what it is, and it really isn't that bad. None of my parents addressed it really. Only one mom, who I kind of know, told me her daughter said that I looked beautiful without anything...this is the same girl that broke the ice for me on the first day of school. I told her mom how much that made my day easier. That was it. That is the way it is should have been. They were there to check out the teacher, look at the classroom and learn about 5th grade, not talk about my personal life. I am pleased that it was a non-issue. Soon I will blend in, (I know, ha ha) with everyone else and simply go about my life....
The hair growth has really helped me regain some of my confidence and self. I feel more outgoing and acceptable in public. I feel that I can start to be a little more me...I like that. I can only imagine how I will feel when my surgeries are done,I will feel like a million bucks...can't wait.
Two days until chemo week 22! Phew! See, I am a poet too....
3 more left...I can't wait! September 20th will be a day to celebrate....
Holy crud...I just reread this to edit and totally did NOT mean for the last sentence to rhyme. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment