Saturday, September 7, 2013

Drowsy D

I tried to go cold turkey on the sleepy drugs last night, not a good idea. So drowsy all day. :(   I went to Marley's game and Brad and Dane had a game so we were all outside and tired.  Came home and tried the 20 minutes of couch, but it barely did any good.  Debby, my kids and I went to Geneva to see our friend Jason and his band play. When we walked in an guy handed me 5 bucks in food tickets, so I bought the kids snow cones and they were happy.  We just went for the concert and back, I could barely hang out.  Dinner was in the crockpot so we were smart about that. I want to go to bed, but it would be me laying there for the next 12 hours being sad I couldn't fall asleep. Ready to try the frying pan to the head trick.  Plus yesterday's chemo is a fatigue master...and since I am done with 10, I am just about at the maximum cumulative tiredness... the next two weeks will be the worst for fatigue. Oh yeah! 

Oh, the Geneva festival was my first large public outing with the new hair. I tried to take a picture of myself, but they weren't looking good. Self conscious of course, but not the right something for a pic... I was texting my friend who is on her 6th Taxol, and she is also just loving the pound a week weight gain. It truly is a side effect.  So here is what I am expecting...done with Taxol and my hair starts coming in rapidly like a Chia Pet and the pounds melt off, and my energy level is huge and I sleep like a baby, am I expecting too much?????  Nah, dream often and dream big!

Thank you Karen for the being the first to donate to Debby!!!! You Rock!  But you did before anyway!! 

G'night...
Sleepy & Dopey...


No comments:

Post a Comment