I love fall weather. Jeans, long sleeves...a good reason to sit by a fire. Fall is the best, and today was a beautiful weathered day. For the most part it was a clean and putz around the house day, which was needed after yesterday. Dane returned from his sleepover all tired out, expected. We did some Halloween decorating, Marley and I that is. Brad baked bread, we cleaned up a bit, then went to a neighborhood Oktoberfest. I love parties when they are across the street from my house. No driving, can go home if needed, all good. We hung out there for a several hours, pretty chill. A few lederhosen, steins and food. I love my neighborhood and how awesome the people are, it is a great place to live.
Home now, not too late and getting kids ready for bed and another school week. I think this week is a little less crazy and really starts a week with no new chemo in my system. I am using positive thinking to get my energy back. I am ready. After letting loose on that jerk coach, and having some low key social time...I am feeling like things can get back to my normal. Sure I have only one week off before the next round of crap starts, so I want to enjoy it. I have even planned to go out on a date with my husband on Saturday and have Brad's mom come and hang out with the kids. I think I want sushi. Haven't had sushi since the night I found out I had cancer. That was back in March. I bet it will taste really, really good. Or at least I hope I still like it. I think so, nothing happened with my taste during treatment, dodged that side effect.
Tomorrow also marks the start of my chemo weight loss program. I shouldn't want to eat more and now I need to lose what I have gained, just in case the other drug does make me gain weight. But like I said, I am going with the weight loss that the paper said, nowhere did it say weight gain was a concern. Time for some good side effects for a change. Plus, the mind is a powerful tool and I am going to stay positive. I told the nurses that when I see them in three weeks, I will have lost at least 5lbs. I think that is a totally realistic goal. Has to start tomorrow though, Karen made chocolate chip cookies...I had two... oh well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment