Saturday, September 21, 2013

Group Hug

 I was asked by a friend how I felt today, I had to think about it for a few minutes.  I decided: relieved, hopeful and that it was the start to the next chapter of this mess.  I have had a lot of people "congratulate" me and it is really nice to feel that support.  It's weird, I made it through, I feel that relief and stress, but still have so much left to do.  I believe I will be okay in the end, but I am still scared of this whole thing.  I have met so many people that have come through the other side wonderfully, and I want to be that person. I want to be there for my family and friends.  I want to be there for anyone else who has to deal with this.

 I have been thinking that when I am done with my treatments and really are on the other side, that I could help make time fly and sit with chemo patients that are alone.  I could entertain them with my stories I am sure. :)  I will give back in my own way, somehow. Little things here and there.  I met a lady at treatment yesterday that my nurse told about the coconut oil that I recommended. She was so happy and showed me the little fuzz she was growing. I don't know what is down the road for me, nobody does. But just being done with this puts me in a positive place. Now for the regaining of energy, hair and sleep (hopefully) and the loss of the steroid weight!  Day by day, treatment by treatment....

Today was a beautiful day, and Marley had a softball game and they won!  Then we went to Art in Your Eye festival in Batavia, didn't buy anything.  After that we for  for Mexican, where Brad raved about his icy glass and cold beer....soon.  Finally, we rounded this full day with the last Harry Potter movie.  Kind of sad we finished them all, it was great family time and fun to watch the whole saga.

Tomorrow is another day. I want to be positive and reflective of how far I have come. I am looking forward to things now.  I feel like I can plan a few things again.  I say that, but really can't because of the time binding 7 weeks of radiation that I have on the horizon.  Things will have to be local and only on free days-Saturday and Sunday.  All in good time. 

Hugs to all for getting me through this!

No comments:

Post a Comment